7 Documents to Bring to a K1 Fiance Visa Interview

U.S. Embassies and Consulate General offices are pretty clear about what documents to bring to the K-1 fiancee visa interview. If you are waiting for the approval of your K-1 fiancee visa petition but want to begin preparing the documents needed for the interview, consider the following:

  1. Form DS-156
  2. Form DS-156k
  3. A valid passport with an expiration date that is at least 6 months into the future
  4. Birth certificate
  5. Proof of termination of any previous marriages
  6. Police certificates from any place of residence for 6 months since attaining age 16
  7. Medical exam which is provided by a panel physician.

Be aware that police certificates can expire so it may not be helpful to obtain police certificates too early as they may expire before the actual interview is scheduled.

Also, the US Embassy or Consulate General will provide information which panel physicians are available to provide medical exams. If your fiancé(e) has had past health issues such as TB, the medical exam may reveal a health issue that could delay or cause a denial of the issuance of the visa.

Applying for a fiancé or spousal visa is a stressful process. Contact our law office for information on how we can help. We offer a wide range of services from very low fees where the applicant does the preparation and we review,  to our office providing full service through the entire process. Call us at 626-771-1078 for more information.


Comments are closed.