- Is there an age difference between the couple?
- How long have you known each other?
- How comfortable do you feel dealing with 3 different government agencies?
- How much time do you have in your free time to research, prepare the application, gather the documentation, make sure everything complies with federal regulations and submit?
- Does either of you have a criminal record?
- Has the US citizen previously submitted any kind of immigration application?
- Has the foreign fiancée or spouse ever entered or tried to enter the USA?
- Is the US citizen able to serve as a financial sponsor?
- Did you meet through a dating agency?
- How well can you communicate?
During the fiance visa process, these are just some of the questions that the USCIS officer and consular officer abroad will consider. During the course of my practice, I’ve found that clients always have specialized questions that reflect hte unique circumstances of each relationship. As a result, when applying for a fiancee visa, while the process may appear to be straightforward, issues always arise that people aren’t sure how to deal with.
If you’re not sure how to answer these or other questions, call me for a free consultation to see how I can help you with the fiancee or spousal visa.